How to find your own individual style:
I am a teenager and the idea of who I am changes quite often and with it my clothes. It's a natural thing at this age. You tend to place yourself into pigeon holes so you have a clearer sense of who you are. I won't get all psychological on you haha. But there are ways, if you feel your wardrobe does not reflect you and your amazing personality, to show who you are. Fashion is the simplest way of showing your identity to the world without opening your mouth. It's an art form.
- First you have to ask yourself a lot of questions.
- What inspires you? It could be anything, like an ant crawling on the pavement, a certain type of music, patterns, colours. Just think about it.
- What's your lifestyle like? Wearing stilettos while running a marathon is not the brightest idea.
- What time period are you drawn to? You should never look like you came out of a time machine. Mix, for example, vintage with modern.
- Who's style do you love and why? There's no harm in getting ideas from somebody else's wardrobe. No one is completely original, no matter how hard they try. Every thing or thought has been done or thought before. A great website for some fashion inspiration is Lookbook.
- You don't need money to have great style. If your style is say hobo chic, go to the Salvation army and not to Old Navy, for crying out loud. People pay lots of money to look poor these days! Note: Please wash clothes from formerly used clothes that you get from second hand shops. I've heard stories...
- There are a few items every girl should have, no matter her style. These include:
- Black pumps
- Neutral Handbag
- White, buttoned up shirt
- LBD (Little Black Dress)